PUBLIC SECTOR LEADERSHIP IN ACTION COHORT
Six Month Virtual Program
First Cohort Starts 9/7/21
Click here to pre-register
Re-imagine the post-pandemic public sector workplace to accelerate change on the world’s most challenging issues.
Why: We are living in one of the most disruptive and transformative periods in human history, and embedded within that lie the seeds for the kind of accelerated positive change that inspired many of us to join the public sector in the first place. Over the last year, the importance of robust public sector leadership has never been more apparent, as public sector leaders have risen to unimaginable – and at times, exhausting – heights.
Public sector leaders carry a tremendous and often lonely burden: how to navigate the future’s unknown and unexplored path, avoid the risks that negatively impact the people we serve, work within immense bureaucratic constraints, and seize the emergent opportunities that can effectively address some of society’s most knotty and enduring issues.
The Public Sector Leadership in Action Cohort is uniquely designed for public sector leaders who are ready to lean in – together – to the learnings and growth that await them and the sectors they serve.
- It can be lonely at the top so great leaders seek out community: Peer-to-peer group processing reduces stress and burnout, and helps move individuals and teams through trauma-inducing events like a pandemic (Pfeiffer et al, 2012; Peterson et al, 2008).
- Greater connections with peers positively impact the level of effort people expend at work (Bakker & Demerouti, 2008; Shuck & Reio, 2013). Psychological safety – recognized as one of the most important characteristics of high-performing teams (Bradley et al., 2012; Delizonna, 2017) – is often unavailable to leaders. Yet when we feel safe, we become more open-minded, resilient, motivated, and persistent – and we make smarter, bolder, and better decisions.
- The only way out is through accelerated growth and performance: When individuals successfully move through traumatic events together they often enter into post-traumatic growth, developing a new understanding of themselves, the world, and the kind of future that is possible (Hategan & Riddell, 2020; Calhoun & Tedeschi, 2006; Collier 2016).
- The boldest possibilities in the public sector will be borne through collaboration: As challenging as it can be, collaboration across public sector agencies and industries is the bedrock of the most impactful public sector achievements. Trusted relationships amongst growth-oriented, visionary leaders are essential for such successful collaborations.
- Six virtual 2-hour monthly sessions of challenging leadership content and peer processing opportunities, first cohort starting Tue, 27th July, facilitated by the Eithos team.
- For those seeking additional support on individual challenges, additional drop in sessions will be held monthly, between the group sessions.
|Monthly Leadership Sessions (2 hours)||Drop-in Consulting (60 minutes)|
|Session 1: 9/7 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||9/21 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
|Session 2: 10/5 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||10/19 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
|Session 3: 11/02 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||11/16 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
|Session 4: 12/07 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||12/14 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
|Session 5: 01/11/22 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||01/25/22 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
|Session 6: 02/08/22 Tuesday 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET||02/22/22 Tuesday 11.30 am PT / 2.30 pm ET|
Who: The Public Sector Leadership in Action cohort is open to those who serve in senior or executive leadership positions within federal, state, local and tribal agencies.
Cost: $2,000 per participant
Public sector leaders will leave having:
- Cultivated a powerful network of trusted, strategic relationships with other public sector leaders to provide ongoing support, insight, and opportunity for collaboration;
- Experimented safely amongst trusted peers to master key leadership approaches relevant to navigating complexity in the post-pandemic public sector.
Call, email or use our contact form. Drop us a line and we’ll get right back with you.